- These nappy inserts / liners are thick, very soft and super absorbent;
- Total of four layers for better absorbency! They are made of 2-layer bamboo outside and 2-layer terry cloth inside. This combination is more absorbent than 4-layer bamboo;
- Approx dimensions: 35cm x 13.5cm;
- Place the insert inside the nappy pocket
- Many customers use 2 inserts for better fit and better absorbency. They don't feel bulky.
Bamboo Inserts/Boosters for Pocket Modern Cloth Nappies
Our 4 layer Bamboo Inserts are a little more absorbent than microfiber, with an extra layer of absorption and the bamboo fibers. All 4 layers are Bamboo Terry material, there are no microfiber layers in these inserts. They are also a little thinner than microfiber and give a trimmer fit to modern cloth nappies. These inserts can be used to boost absorbency with less bulk than 2 microfibers.
To boost absorbency, we recommend placing 2 inserts inside the pocket, for the best results. Put the microfiber insert at the top (closest to baby), as microfiber absorbs quicker than bamboo, then bamboo will hold the liquid better as it soaks through. For most It’s useful to use both Microfiber and Bamboo inserts together for this reason.
While some use just the 1 microfiber insert or just the 1 bamboo insert without any problems. Others will need to use 2 inserts for better results. Having both styles of inserts on hand to suit your babies ever changing needs will be useful.
Benefits of bamboo
The benefit of bamboo inserts is that they will absorb a little more than microfiber. However they will take longer to dry and a little longer to absorb. Drying times are also longer, especially during cold and wet weather. Extra inserts may be needed to allow for longer drying times.
The inserts will need 6-8 washed to reach their peak absorbency. They can be used before reaching the peak, baby will just need to be changed a little more frequently. We recommend Inserts are washed at least 3-4 times before the first use.